Who should take this training?
Section 3.4.a of the CTIP DoDI (2200.01), the CTIP acquisition (includes contracting, grants, and cooperative agreements) training is designed for DoD personnel with job responsibilities that require daily contact with DoD contractors, grant and cooperative agreement recipients, or foreign national personnel. The “daily contact” category includes contracting officers and contracting officers’ representatives, grant and agreements officers, and grant/agreements officer representatives (program administrators).
Per Section 3.4.b of the CTIP DoDI (2200.01), the CTIP acquisition training utilizes the term “Defense acquisition professionals” to represent all DoD employees who are responsible for monitoring contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements and includes, but is not limited to, those employees who align to these 16 functional areas listed:
- Business – Cost Estimating
- Business – Financial Management
- Facilities Engineering
- Industrial or Contract Property Management
- Information Technology
- Life Cycle Logistics
- Program Management
- Program Management – International Acquisition
- Production, Quality and Manufacturing
- Science and Technology Manager
- Test and Evaluation
- Grant and Cooperative Agreement Awards
Terminal Learning Objectives (TLOs)
The required subject matter for the CTIP acquisition training will include these TLOs, from which trainees will understand:
- What constitutes trafficking in persons (TIP), utilizing the term “severe forms of trafficking in persons” as defined in Section 7102 of Title 22, U.S.C.
- Laws and regulations related to human trafficking in government contracts, grants, and cooperative agreements.
- Vulnerabilities associated with trafficking victims.
- Specific responsibilities of Defense acquisition professionals in preventing human trafficking.
- How to recognize award administration indicators of human trafficking.
- Specific responsibilities of Defense acquisition professionals in response to human trafficking violations.
- The DoD CTIP case process flow.
Learning Management System Links
The CTIP PMO encourages the use of learning management systems (LMSs) to fulfill this requirement. LMSs can save time and improve reporting accuracy through the automated services they provide.
Using a LMS counts for credit and includes a certificate of completion. Click on the LMS links below to log in and complete the course.
- Air Force -My Learning
- Joint Knowledge Online (JKO)
- Defense Acquisition University (DAU)- course number DOD 0020
- Navy –NeL
- OSD/DA&M/WHS -iCompass
Link to Standalone Training*: J3TA-US1328-C Combating Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) for Acquisition and Contracting Personnel Course (1 hr)
* The standalone course is for information only. To receive credit, you must take the course through a learning management system.
Acquisition Resource Kit
Acquisition Resource Kit
This set of resources is designed for Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition personnel including contracting officers and contracting officer’s representatives, the senior procurement executive, and any other DoD personnel involved in contracting and procuration for the DoD. Each Platform has Action Cards, which have videos, resource guides, one pagers, infographics, case studies, survivor stories, pocket cards, and other resources for acquisition personnel. There is also a searchable table of contents, glossary of terms, and other U.S. Government resources on preventing trafficking in government contracting. The five Platforms are:
- The Nature and Scope of Human Trafficking in Government Contracting
- Pre-Award Role and Responsibilities of Acquisition Personnel
- Post-Award Responsibilities of Acquisition Personnel
- Contract Performance Role and Responsibilities of Acquisition Personnel
- Contract Close-Out Role and Responsibilities of Acquisition Personnel