Required Training Materials
The Department of Defense Instruction, Combating Trafficking in Persons (CTIP)
establishes DoD policy on CTIP and assigns responsibilities. The instruction requires heads of all DoD components to conduct an annual CTIP awareness training program for all Component members and provide data to OSD (P&R) needed to compile its annual CTIP report. Trafficking in Persons (TIP) general Awareness training is mandatory
for all DoD military members and civilian employees. If you have difficulty accessing any of the training options, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Awareness Training
can be accessed the following ways:
1) Web Based: Joint Knowledge Online (JKO) account
- Click "Take Courses" and login with your CAC on the next page (Click here for full instructions)
- Select "Course Catalog" and filter the course title by entering the course number "A-US030" in the filter box above the Number column and then select "Apply Filters" to find the course and enroll.
- A leadership training, J3SN-US189: Combating Trafficking In Persons, is also available
- If you encounter any difficulties trying to enroll, please contact the JKO Help Desk at email@example.com or 757-203-5654/DSN 668-5654 for assistance.
2) Mobile Phone Based: JKO account
- Click "Take Courses" and login with your CAC on the next page (Click here for full instructions
- Select "Course Catalog" and filter the course title by entering the course number "J7OP-US1126" in the filter box above the Number column and then select "Apply Filters" to find the course and enroll.
- Record your Personal Identification Number (PIN) that is activated as part of completing the JKO Mobile course.
- Download and Install the JKO Mobile App from your Apple
app store, sign in using your PIN and download available courses from the App’s “Library” section.
- Complete training courses on your mobile device. Course completion records are sent to the JKO desktop system upon a successfully “Sync” of your device (“Sync” requires connection via Wi-Fi or a mobile data plan). Your mobile course completion certificates are stored and available to print from the “Open My Training History” section of your JKO desktop account.
- NOTE: You can complete the CTIP course via the “Public access” area on the JKO Mobile App. However, you will NOT receive a course certificate in your JKO training history.
3) Web-Based Interactive Module
- Please note that you must manually click on the arrow on the right hand side of the page to advance to the next page.
- When you complete a training lesson, you must also manually click on the next module on the left hand side of the page.
Law Enforcement Training
, which is mandatory for all Law Enforcement personnel, can be accessed the following way:
1) Web-Based Interactive Module
The Law Enforcement training was developed at the U.S. Army Military Police School. The focus is on TIP identification, investigation, and information reporting and sharing with civilian or host nation law enforcement agencies. It will also review general TIP awareness training, identify the crime of TIP and actions to take, and will provide scenarios for an appropriate response.
Additional Training Opportunities:
1) If you have taken the DoD General Awareness Training previously, it is acceptable to take the Department of Homeland Security's Trafficking Awareness training course
as a refresher to satisfy your annual training requirement.
2) Combating Human Trafficking – Contracting Officers and other Acquisition Personnel (FAC 022)
The Departments of Homeland Security and State led the effort to develop government-wide awareness training on human trafficking specific to the acquisition workforce. This training is specifically tailored for the U.S. Government acquisition workforce on combating human trafficking using the pertinent provisions of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
. The FAR provides remedies for the acquisition workforce to use against contractors who engage in human trafficking, including debarment. This class provides one continuous learning point and is free to all civilian agency employees and is available through the following links:
- Defense Acquisition University continuous learning portal (requires username)
- FAI Training Application System (FAITAS)
3) Sharing Your Awareness with Others
Take 5 minutes over a cup of coffee with your family, friends or colleagues to learn about Human Trafficking and what you can do to help stop it. Take the Human Trafficking "Coffee Break" Training