The Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) CTIP training is for teachers, administrators, and staff at the DoDEA schools. The DoDEA CTIP training will help school personnel to: identify the relevance of human trafficking to schools; define human trafficking; explain how human trafficking affects military-connected students; identify human trafficking risk factors and waning signs in school-age children; explain their role in combating human trafficking and how to report suspected human trafficking incidents.
1. Joint Knowledge Online (JKO)
The required subject matter for the CTIP DoDEA training will include these TLOs, from which trainees will understand:
(1) The relevance of human trafficking to schools.
(2) What constitutes trafficking in persons (TIP), utilizing the term “severe forms of trafficking in persons” as defined in Section 7102 of Title 22, U.S.C.
(3) How human trafficking affects military-connected students.
(4) Human trafficking risk factors and warning signs in school-age children.
(5) Their role in combating human trafficking.
(6) What actions to take to report TIP.
(7) Reporting procedures for alleged TIP violations.